In 2013, e-commerce market has a huge number of new online stores. Many e-merchants chosen Magento 1.8 that was the the latest at this point in time. After 8 years of developing, Magento is developing continuously with grandiose support for online stores.
You have using Magento 220.127.116.11. Now, you want to upgrade magento 1.8 CE to 1.9 CE. Magento 1.9 is last version of Magento 1.x with a lot of powerful features that makes your online business successfully quickly. Amazing features are financing and payment solutions, security and UX, you can learn more at magento upgrade 1.9. Magento 1.9 is friendly with users of Magento 1.8.
HOW TO UPGRADE MAGENTO 18.104.22.168 TO 1.9
1. Setup your localhost
– Go to Magento Commerce and download the Magento 1.9 CE version in ZIP format
– Create a folder called ‘mag19’ under localhost xampp folder.
– Unzip the downloaded Magento 1.9 ZIP file and uncompress inside “mag19” folder.
– Open PhpMyadmin and create a database called “mag19db”.
2. Clear cache in production
– Login to admin side in production Magento website.
– Navigate to System -> Cache management and flush all cache.
3. Take necessary backups from production.
4. Restore the Production Backup files to Localhost.
5. Edit the localhost local.xml file
6. Change the localhost base URL
7. Finalize your installation
Unfortunately, this upgrade way hides many errors that cause to loose customer database. It requires dev technical knowledge about Magento migration. Migration expert advices clients and dev to seek help from migration developers or migration providers. Magento upgrade service of LitExtension is a striking example.
Here is an overview about magento upgrade steps to upgrade magento from 1.8 to 1.9. Users can set up migration tool quickly and wait a moment for magento upgrade running automatically.
Beside magento 1.9, e-merchants can choose magento 2 that is the last version of Magento. It is required deep learning-circle. Here is how to upgrade magento 1.8 to 2.0.
Other Magento upgrade extension:
Melanie – Marketing at LitExtension