Recently, Prestashop has become the trend of e-commerce community. According to Prestashop Usage Statistics, the number of websites used Prestashop in the year 2015 was really high. Significantly, from October to December, 2015, there have been 401,756 websites which have used Prestashop. And now, there are 249,613 live websites using PrestaShop – still a large number. For more specific, let look at the chart data of Prestashop from the beginning of 2015 up to now.
osCommerce, on the other hand, is also a familiar e-commerce platform. Compare to Prestashop, osCommerce has lower number of users than Prestashop. Based on osCommerce Usage Statistics, there have been only 221,898 websites have used osCommerce – less than a half compare to Prestashop. Moreover, this number has dropped to 84,331 live sites using osCommerce, 137,567 sites gave up to use this e-commerce platform.
Now, let find out why osCommerce has become less popular than Prestashop by compare features that users could obtain when use these two e-commerce platform.
100% FREE No Monthly Fee – No Commission!
- No limitations on inventory amount, payment processing solutions, price rules, admin roles, number of stores, marketing features…
- 100% scalable and customizable
- Best SEO in the industry
- Depend on 1,000,000 Open-source Community members
- Make your e-shop available in 65 languages
- 200 different countries use PrestaShop
- Every day 100 new online stores are created
Free But What Do You Really Get?
- osCommerce community is half of the Prestashop’s one
- No quick view of the templates available on the Add-ons
- Less partners than Prestashop
- Lack of osCommerce software description and communication with the retailers
- Only community support
- No access to the front-end demo
- Long update frequency
Therefore, many osCommerce users gave up osCommerce and tranfer osCommerce to Prestashop to manage their websites better. However, the question is How to migrate osCommerce to Prestashop
In providing shopping cart migration tool, LitExtension team is confident to introduce ultimate osCommerce to Prestashop module. With more than five years experience of designing softwares, LitExtension shopping cart migration tool supports to migrate Products, Categories, Orders, Customers, Review, Password, SEO URLs and other data from osCommerce to Prestashop automatically with only three simple steps. With clearly user guide, anyone can convert osCommerce to Prestashop easily by themselves without technical knowledge. Let’s look at user guide. Follow the instructions and enjoy the wonderful results!
What are benefits if you choose LitExtension team?
- Super Easy Setup
- No Programing Skills Needed
- Support Latest Prestashop Version
Risks – Marketing at LitExtension